5 Reasons Why You Need to Keep a Maintenance Log
It’s no secret that synthetic turf fields are a major asset to athletic programs. Like any financial investment, it is important to properly maintain and care for that artificial field per recommended guidelines. One way to ensure these activities are occurring on a consistent basis is to document them in a centralized location. Here are 5 reasons why you need to keep a maintenance log:
- Warranty Protection – keeps your synthetic turf warranty intact with regular grooming and documentation
- Equipment Use – synthetic turf field grooming equipment is an investment and it’s important to ensure it is being used as often as recommended
- Record Needed Repairs/Field Conditions – documents field findings to report to your turf provider
- Establish a Routine – helps ensure you are grooming every 20 hours of play and/or bi-weekly consistently
- Maintenance Crew Education – acts as a centralized database for who groomed the field, when, with what, and any identified field findings
Maintenance logs can be kept using various formats and customized to your facility’s processes and procedures. Don’t have a maintenance log in place for tracking your synthetic turf surface? Motz offers a PDF template that can be used downloaded and used as you see fit!